Level One Course Outline
Shoden & Equine Reiki: Foundation Training
Shoden & Equine Reiki: Foundation Training is our five day foundation course that offers a practical approach to understanding the system of Reiki, its benefits for you, and your horse. It’s suitable for all horses lovers who would like to learn how to improve their own and their horse’s health and wellbeing, and deepen their relationship with their horse.
During the course you’ll learn how to utilise Reiki as a healing support for a wide range of health conditions and behavioural issues in humans and horses as well as being able to reduce the effects of stress and stress related conditions, ease pain, calm fear, promote deep relaxation and more.
The course offers a transformational healing journey with horses that is unique to the individual. Many people say they’ve developed a better strategy for living happier, healthier lives, and a closer bond with their horse through the practice of Reiki.
Course Outline – 5 Day Course
Days 1 – 5 – 9am – 4.00pm
Short breaks are provided during each day, as well as a 90 minute break for lunch.
Days 1 & 3 are dedicated to learning the foundations of the system of Reiki from a Japanese perspective. During this time you will learn the traditional Usui Reiki Ryoho hands-on healing technique to heal yourself and others. We will not be working with the horses during the first two days, however the work we’ll do during this time will form an important foundation for the work we’ll be doing with the horses on Days 4 & 5.
Days 4 & 5 are dedicated to learning how to utilise Reiki for healing horses, and how Usui’s teaching relate to working with horses. We will be working with the horses on these days.
It’s recommended that you read The Japanese Art of Reiki by Frans and Bronwen Stiene prior to attending the course so as to provide you with an understanding of the system of Reiki and also to help you gain an understanding of what to expect during the course and beyond.
Although there are no prerequisites for this course, it’s desirable that you have at least 12 months experience handling horses, as well as a basic knowledge and understanding of horses.
Days 1 – 3 – Shoden
Topics covered during the three day Shoden (Reiki Level 1) course:
- A brief history of Reiki and its founder, Usui Mikao
- The five fundamental elements of the system of Reiki from a Japanese perspective
- The Reiki Precepts
- How to conduct a hands on healing treatment for yourself and others
- How to set up a routine of daily self practice including self treatment, meditation and contemplation on the precepts
- Japanese Meditations and foundation techniques
During these first three days of the course you will:
- Experience a Reiki treatment
- Practice hands on healing treatments with other participants
- Experience instruction, discussion and group learning, as well as practical application of techniques
- Be offered 4 Level 1 Reiki attunements
- Attain Shoden (Reiki Level 1) Certificate upon successful completion
Days 4 & 5 – Equine Reiki: Foundation Training
Topics covered during the two day Equine Reiki: Foundation Training course:
- How horses benefit from Reiki
- How we can benefit from sharing Reiki with horses
- Asking permission
- Offering your horse choice
- How to conduct a safe and effective healing treatment for your horse
- Using your intuition – how to know when to use hands on or hands off?
- Listening to the horse and reading body language
- Signs your horse is receiving Reiki
- Knowing when your horse has completed his healing
- Transference of energy imbalances from you to your horse
- Meditation techniques for connecting with your horse
- Health conditions, behavioural and performance issues that can be treated with Reiki
During these two days of the course you will:
- Learn how to provide a safe and effective Reiki treatment for horses
- Have several opportunities to practice Reiki treatments with horses (one on one) under Julie’s guidance
- Practice connecting with horses through meditation
- Learn the importance of committing to your own personal practice of Reiki, in order to be more effective as a healing channel for horses.
- Attain your Equine Reiki: Foundation Training certificate upon successful completion of the course
By the end of the five day course:
By the end of the course you will have the tools to develop a daily practice of self-healing and meditation that will initiate positive changes and greater inner peace in your life. You will know how to utilise Reiki as a healing support for a wide range of health conditions and behavioural issues in humans and horses as well as being able to reduce the effects of stress and stress related conditions, ease pain, calm fear, promote deep relaxation and more.
Post Course Study
Post course study forms part of the course. This offers you an opportunity to gain experience and confidence working with Reiki, and overcome any obstacles you may experience from time to time in your practice. As you progress through the post course study and complete your case studies, you’ll receive teacher support, feedback and guidance.
Post course study includes:
21 Day Online Reiki Self Practice Guide: This is a 21 day online program designed to help practitioners develop a routine of self practice after the completion of the four day course. The program involves daily instruction by email for a period of 21 days to help you achieve this. You will need to allow approximately 30 – 60 minutes each day to carry out the exercises at home or where ever you are.
Human Case Studies: This involves performing a minimum of ten human Reiki treatments on a non professional basis. The purpose is for practice only and will help you gain experience and confidence as you become used to working with Reiki. Treatments typically involve offering 30 – 40 minute Reiki treatments to friends and family members.
Equine Case Studies: This involves carrying out a minimum of ten Equine Reiki treatments on a non professional basis. The purpose is for practice only and will help you gain experience and confidence as you become used to working with Reiki. Treatments typically involve offering 30 – 40 minute Reiki treatments to your own horse/s, or horses belonging to friends and family members.
Required Reading: All students are encouraged to read The Japanese Art of Reiki, by Frans and Bronwen Stiene either prior to commencing the four day course or soon after completion. The system of Reiki referred to in the book is the Usui Reiki Ryoho lineage which is the system you are learning in this course.
The recommended time-frame for completion of the post course study, including case studies, is 3 – 12 months from the time you complete the four day course, however it can be achieved in less time.
Personal Development (non-professional practitioner)
Many people enrol in Shoden & Equine Reiki: Foundation Training for non professional reasons, preferring to learn Reiki for their own personal development and/or to be able to practice self healing, and help their friends, loved ones, horses and pets. There is no requirement for you to complete post course study or case studies if this is the case for you, however, it is recommended as you will gain so much more from your four day course, particularly if you plan to go on to Level ll at any stage.
Professional Development & Continuing Your Studies:
If you intend to go deeper into your practice, wish to develop a professional Equine Reiki practice, or you are considering volunteering at Equine or other animal rescue facilities Okuden & Equine Reiki: Advanced Techniques is the next step. Prior to enrolling in this course you will need to have successfully completed:
- the five day Shoden & Equine Reiki: Foundation Training
- required Level One case studies
- required Level One post course study
- recommended reading
and practiced for at least 3 months
Upcoming Courses for 2022
For dates for 2022 Equine Reiki Courses go to the Event Calender here
Please email Julie at email@example.com to have all your questions answered.
My Gift for You...
Discover how to achieve a better relationship with your horse...
In my free guide, How to Develop a Deeper, More Spiritual Connection With Your Horse, I share three keys that I believe will help you achieve a better relationship with your horse. These three areas will help you:
- Develop clearer communication by understanding how horses perceive energy.
- Achieve better responses from your horse by learning how to ground and focus.
- Connect more deeply with your horse with just a simple tweak in mindset
I also share a simple technique that you can start using today with your horse to help you achieve positive, noticeable results when you practice it regularly with your horse.
Feel free to download the e-version of my guide to find out how, and start enjoying a better relationship with your horse today!